Saturday, July 17, 2010

One month down July 17,2010



Yesterday was exactly one month since my super hot husband left the country. Since my last post I have accomplished sooo much. Honestly my moods have been so much better and I feel happier and my motivation finally got here :) Normalcy has begun to set in and more routines are in place. I have a clearer mindset on my goals and projects and for the first time in a long time i actually feel a litte bit positive (which is good because im normally an eternal pessimist) Last weekend i cleaned..alot. Last friday (7-09) i spent a quiet night at home watching tv and netflix. Then saturday i slept kinda late, but got up and had lunch with my mom, stepdad, and sister. I also saw a couple of churches i planned to check out for the wedding. then i came home and all of a sudden i was super cleaning woman. I didnt plan on doing as much as i did, but it was like once i got started i couldnt stop. my desk was an absolute disaster and my laptop just kinda sat in the floor next to the bed. paid bills were piled up, it was dusty, and it was cluttered. So i organized it, threw things away, dusted, and well uncluttered it. It actually looks like a desk now. (picture below is the final product.. just imagine it without the swiffer and dustpan)


well after the desk was done i saw my stack of movies and thought they would topple over at any moment. at the time they were stacked up in the floor and my books had accumulated next to my bed and cds were scattered all over the place. so my solution.... a media center to hold my cds and dvds, and i added my books because the shelves are adjustable. AND... the best part.... it had to be assembled. I did it! All by myself. I used a phillips head screwdriver, and a flat head screwdriver, and a hammer... all by myself :) i felt like Bob the builder. But you have no idea the sense of accomplishment i felt when i completed something like that. This is normally something i would have left to, well, a man, but I did it. Final product below :)


I started back to bible study last weekend too. I have been doing the daily bible studies during the week and I cannot begin to tell u the difference it has made. I really believe this is where my great mood and motivation has come from. Its been really great! The work week has been crazy busy which i have loved because it made time pass so fast. I did some light cleaning during the week. I have a chest of drawers and underneathe it I had some things stored. Well i guess to be more accurate it was crap shoved under it. As i was going through it i found alot of my art supplies. I have a sketch pad, and charcoal and a book to show you how to draw some basic things. I think in my down time im gonna try to pick up my drawing again. I took an art class a LONG time ago and im not going to say i was any good, but i do love to be creative and doodle. so i think im gonna try to go through this book and see how i do. What do you know... another goal ha. With that area I am not done cleaning up and cleaning out so once thats complete ill update on that. the rest of the week was filled with reading, netflix, and talking to my sweet husband. Speaking of my super thoughtful man... he got me a gift this week. He told me he got me a surprise and i swear i thought he was gonna burst through the phone with how excited he was for me to get it. It came thursday. I got home from work and tore through the box. I got the NOOK! Most people has no idea what it was but its like a Kindle. You download books to it to read, but u can also get on the web, play games, and download magazines and newspapers. ITS so AWEsome! I love it! He is such a good listener, because he heard me mention it once and remembered that. Hes so funny, he can remember me mentioning the nook once, but cant remember what he did the day before lol. I love him to death though :) Friday marked one month since the last time i got to kiss my baby. I went to the movies with my dad and my sister and then came home. Friday I actually got to talk to Joe alot. We talked for a while on the phone while i was at lunch and then for a while on the computer and also on the phone again that night when i got home. I love it when i dont think our conversations will last but a minute and then they last close to an hour or more. ITs such a sweet surprise :) Saturday(today) came and we got to have a webcam date. We talked only for a very long time. Our time was interrupted a few times by either the webcams freezing, or neither of us having much to say, or he was helping his neighbor, or by arachnids. But it didnt matter. What mattered was that i got to see his face and it wasnt a picture from 3 months ago, it was him today. I have decided that Saturdays are project days. After my much appreciated web cam date I went back to none other Walmart. I hate that place but i swear i live there. I decided since it was fairly late in the day (4:00) i wasnt going to do everything i had planned to do today. I decided i would only do my bed. When i was 16 i liked spongebob. I know. 16. but it was a thing me and my friends had and it was deeper than just a cartoon lol so i had the spongebob comforter. Well i have a futon and its uncomfortable, soooo i slept on top of the spongebob so u couldnt really see much of it. I used alot of blankets. I thought... well im 25 now... lets change it. Joe just got himself a memory foam mattress topper and loved it. SO i got me one. I also got a new comforter (black and gray reversible) new sheet, and new pilllow cases to match. It took me a while but i got it done. I also cleaned out one drawer and cleared off the back of my door that had a bunch of things hangiing on it. i cleaned out from underneath my bed and stored my blankets in a storage container under my bed, come the winter and i will want a blanket. it looks so much better :) Pic Below:


all in all it has been a very productive month so far. I cant believe we are already one month down. When Melodys graduation gets here we will be at 2 months :) And that means its about 2 weeks until football season starts. My next project is my chest of drawers. I will try to remember to take a before picture and an after picture. I wished i would have remembered that for the other things i got done because it was such a huge improvement.

Calendar marker number 3 is next week. Baby Killian will be here next Wednesday! After that my next marker wont be until Aug 13 for mel's graduation. But i have alot of mini-projects for along the way.


I love you so much Joe! You mean the world to me. One month down! We made it! I cant wait to make it through the next 7 months so i get to see you in Feb for 2 weeks.


AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment