Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 4 June 20, 2010

He is there and he is safe! It was miserable today. Today is fathers day and I really wish he were here to celebrate. I emailed him and facebooked him a happy fathers day so hopefully he gets those soon. I got a 4 minute phone call earlier that I have been waiting on ALL day! I was scared I wasnt going to get to talk to him.

Today I was thinking alot about the care packages and things I can do for him. I was on a website today for military spouses and loved ones and one of the forums had to do with care packages. These women are so amazing with their care packages! I had no idea so much detail was put into these by some people! There were pictures posted and the entire inside of the boxes (since there cant be any words on the outside) were decorated and painted and had stickers and were themed. I was just going to get it all in the box and send it to the post office.... I am so excited about the care packages now. I have some of his things from the apartment that i still need to send him so i think i may do two care packages this month. I am waiting on his fathers day present to deliver here and the calendar I made him to come in. So i may send all of those sends separate. The things I have now include things like his pillow, and some first aid items. Im not sure what theme i could do to tie in his pillow, soap, and band aids but I will come up with something. I need to get that sent very soon so he can have his pillow, i think he is using the pillow that comes with his sleeping bag so its virtually like not having a pillow at all. Below are some of my ideas for different care packages:

Fathers day box: Coffee maker, cofee, fathers day gift (not saying what it is just in case he were to read this :), his card, and maybe some more coffee themed things since that seems to be common thing going on with this package. maybe some magazines to read or some stirrers for his coffee.

Misc. box: Pillow, soap, nails, band aids, power cords, and a pic of Lily he mixed in with my stuff

July (summer themed) box: packets of crystal light to mix with his water, maybe some sunglasses (not sure if he will use them or can use them), and maybe some pictures.

Football box: shirt or PJs with his team logo on it, snacks to eat to watch games, schedule of both our teams

Right now thats all i have come up with, i would like to do one filled with shampoo, conditioner, bath stuff and maybe some stuff to hekp him sleep or feel relaxed :)

I just want to decorate the boxes lol, go stock up on some scrapbooking paper and markers. I need to get some boxes and packing supplies too. HMMMMMM... shopping trip :) I love him so much and just want to continue to feel connected to him. By doing things for him i feel better. TOnight I shredded a bunch of his old bills he asked me to shred and I actually felt calmed by this because it was something i was doing for him. I emailed him earlier before i talked to him to tell him how much i love him and support him and that made me feel better.

Tomorrow i go to work and luckily that will maybe keep me distracted. Since I know about the time i will hear from him i wont look at my phone every 5 seconds like i did today just to make sure i didnt somehow miss something and that my phone is on. Hooray for day 5 tomorrow.... im almost to my one week mark. If i cna get some things accomplished this week that would be great, just so i can feel somewhat accomplished.

I should get some sleep, not tired, but i need to go to sleep. I have one of his pillows tonight so i will get to sleep where his head slept and snuggle with my FRG bear (i know im so lame hahah)





AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersMi

No comments:

Post a Comment